Pages

10/14/2012

Flea Market Finds

This week, it's actually just one find and it wasn't a real flea market but an antique market. We have those in Wiesbaden once a month or every six weeks, I'm not exactly sure. I was looking through the upcoming flea market dates because we need to get rid of some things before we move as well and saw the antique market. I've been there once before, a few years ago, with my dad, who loves flea markets. So much actually that he took my mom there for their first date. Guess I inherited that.

It was awesome. There were so many great paintings, old machines (for example type writers, coffee grinders, etc.), chandeliers, furniture... I could've bought it all. Unfortunately, since it was all antique, everything cost about a fortune. I found lots of cute little paintings that would've looked great on our walls, but I can't afford spending 60€ on a painting that's smaller than my hand.

I did find one little treasure though!

It looks so gooey and romantic, I just had to buy it. I got it for 5€ even though the guy who sold it initially wanted 10, which makes me a little proud because I just started actually buying things like this at flea markets. Usually, I just gawked and wanted it all, but never had room for it.

Well, now I can gawk at my little swan and think up a story about it while I hopefully finish the stupid shelves that I've been working on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment