Pages

9/26/2012

Heavenly chicken

I'm a good cook. I don't know why, but I just am. I never really cooked that much when I was still living with my family. Sure, I knew how to make things and when I cooked with recipes, the results were usually not too bad, but I never had the motivation to make nice food every day. It was more of a twice a year thing for me.

Well, that changed when I moved out. To the worse. I lived in a little studio apartment for a few months and I could never bring myself to cook just for one person. It was also a little sad, I like to shove my food into people's faces so they can compliment me on how awesome it tastes.

And then I moved in with the Doctor and all of a sudden, there was this super power inside of me and I managed to cook and cook and cook and it all tasted so amazing that I thought I might have a brain tumor or something. Turns out I'm a good cook.

Now, while it normally tastes great, it doesn't always -look- great. I once made cole-wraps that tasted as if they were made with minced angel, but they had this sickish green colour. I blame the cole. But today, it has happened. I made dinner that looked exactly like the picture in the recipe. Which is lucky, because the Doctor and I ate it so quickly that I had no time to take my own pictures. And here is the heavenly chicken!


 I still can't get over the fact that it really looked exactly like the pictures. And while you might think that this is super complicated to make, it's one of the easiest recipes I've ever had! I found it at Daydream Kitchen, it's called "Baked Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken." And the best part? That's really all the ingredients you need! You don't need tons of things you normally don't buy and it still tastes exotic, fresh and really, really good.

You can check out the complete recipe at Daydream Kitchen (click the link in the paragraph above), but I'll break it down for you:
You turn on your oven so it's ready when you are (better do that a few minutes before you start with the rest as it really doesn't take more than 5 minutes). Grease an oven pan just a little, spread the chicken breast in it. Heat olive oil in a pan, add the garlic, roast until it's tender. Take it off the stove, add brown sugar, spread it all on your chicken breast and put it in the oven. That's it. It's not even a real paragraph and still you just have to wait a few minutes until you've got super delicious dinner.

It's great for weekdays, when you don't have time to cook much, or even for dinner with friends. I'm sure they'd think you spent hours in the kitchen, when it's really so simple! I can't stop admiring this recipe and handing it out to everyone I know. If you're into garlic and chicken, this is your thing to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment